The reach of Wordworks’ programmes has continued to grow as shown by our training data below.
Ready, steady … read and write! (Early Literacy Programme)
Nearly 12 000 children participated in the programme between 2006 – 2015.
- 697 volunteer Co-ordinators and tutors delivered support to small groups of learners for at least six months;
- 66 schools and 17 partner NGOs ran the programme with ongoing support and mentoring from the Wordworks team;
- a total of 2951 children across four provinces attended weekly lessons and were able to benefit from additional early language and literacy support.
Home-School Partnership Programme
Over 3416 parents/ caregivers attended courses between 2006 – 2015.
- 716 parents /care givers completed the eight-week course of workshops.
- 44 schools and 5 partner NGOs ran the programme with mentoring and support from Wordworks.
- Close to 100 Foundation Phase teacher – facilitators were trained to run courses.
- Over 1500 children benefited through their parents/caregivers’ participation in the programme.
485 Grade R teachers completed the STELLAR programme between 2011 – 2015
In 2015, the following were trained on the STELLAR programme:
- 8 ECD and 46 Foundation Phase Advisors in the Western Cape
- 183 Lead Teachers in the Western Cape who will train 3000 Grade R teachers in 2016
- 37 teachers in Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia
- 25 trainers from 11 partner NGOs in Western Cape, in the Eastern Cape and in the North West Province.
About 6 600 children have benefitted through their teachers’ participation in this programme.
Every Word Counts
- 22 trainers of Home-visitors and ECD Practitioners from 9 partner NGOs from the Western and Eastern Cape were trained on this programme.
- Over 200 Home-visitors and ECD Practitioners are using EWC resources in their work with parents and young children.
Photo Gallery – Click to enlarge an image