Call for interest
Wordworks is a non-profit organisation that focuses on supporting early language and literacy development in the first eight years of children’s lives. We work with those adults best positioned to impact on language and literacy development – parents and caregivers, family and community members, early childhood development practitioners and Foundation Phase teachers.
Over the past ten years, we have developed a substantial set of training and resource materials. Due to demanding production schedules and increasing requirement for these materials, we are looking to outsource production and storage.
The demand for and distribution of our resources is growing year on year. Our budget for material over the past 2 years has ranged between R430 000 and R1.4 million.
We are looking for a service provider that will take responsibility for a range of materials production and dissemination services on behalf of our organisation for the next two years. These will include
- Printing of a range of different size and type of materials – books, posters, pamphlets, games, calendars, cards.
- Packaging of materials for presentation and for distribution – in plastic sleeves, shrink wrapping, brown paper wrapping, elastic banded, boxed, etc.
- Dissemination of materials to the Wordworks office, to training venues, as to Wordworks’ partners in Cape Town, across the Western Cape and in other provinces.
- Storage of the materials not immediately required for training or sales. Accessible storage with clear labelling, safe, dry conditions and insurance is required.
- Stock management and the provision of regular stock reports to the organization in order to account for all materials printed and/ or stored.
In addition to requiring a service provider that can provide efficient, cost-effective and competitive services, we are looking for a service provider that:
- shares our work ethos and values, and will engage respectfully with our staff and stakeholders.
- is sensitive to our work context, where production schedules are not always predictable
- can work under time pressure and is flexible about lead times.
- will maintain the high standard and quality of the materials we have produced
The service provider will liaise closely with the Wordworks Materials Production Officer who will provide clear briefing for each separate task, will evaluate quotations and will monitor the quality of the above services. Wordworks is prepared to negotiate appropriate acknowledgement/ branding for the successful service provider.
We recommend that interested service providers contact Edeline Boka (021 788 9233 or email@example.com) to make an appointment to meet with a member of Wordworks management and to view the materials before submitting a proposal.
Interested service providers should submit a proposal to Wordworks by 30 June 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 2 Jacobs Ladder, St James, 7945.
Please refer to the links below for Propsal Requirements and Description of Materials.
Please download and read carefully each of the following documents:
Click on button to view and download