Wordworks is recruiting for an exciting new post …
We are looking for a Materials Production Officer with particular expertise related to production of teaching and learning material in South African languages.
We are a dynamic and growing non-profit organisation, working with parents, teachers and community members to improve early literacy and language development in under resourced communities. We are known for locally developed, high quality, multilingual resources that are innovative and accessible.
We are seeking to consolidate the materials development and production arm of our work with the appointment of an experienced, committed and dynamic professional to work with our team and take responsibility for the timely development and production of high quality early language and literacy material which supports delivery of Wordworks early literacy programmes.
Criteria for this position:
- At least eight years relevant experience in materials production and working with writers, designers, translators and printers.
- Project management skills
- Experience in:
- inventory systems
- budget management and pricing
- coordinating and delivering multiple inputs to timetable and production deadlines
- Editing skills and eye for design and detail
- Communication and negotiation skills in dealing with service providers and business.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Other SA languages particularly Afrikaans and isiXhosa would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team.
If you believe you have the skills and expertise that matches the above job requirements to make a meaningful contribution to our programmes and organisation, please go onto our website to find out more about Wordworks and to download the specifications, full job description and recruitment pack. www.wordworks.org.za.
The deadline for applications is 9 am on Tuesday 31 May 2016.
Please download and read carefully each of the following documents:
Click on button to view and download